Reporting to: Group Finance Director
Location: Padiham (Burnley)
Salary: circa £24,000 based on experience.
An exciting, entrepreneurial led group of companies supplying commercial and domestic customers across the UK with liquid fuels, environmental services and fuel cards. The group has enjoyed significant organic growth over the last few years combined with a number of acquisitions which position it for its next phase of growth which will see many parts of the group double in size within the next year.
Summary of Role
Responsible for managing the financial performance, transactions, and reporting of the Craggs Fuel Cards business. Working alongside the head of operations to significant grow the company over the next 12 months.
- Responsibility for the full month end process including: the completion and creation of management accounts; validation and calculations of accruals and prepayments; posting of journals; balance sheet reconciliations and presentation of management accounts
- Financial reporting and forecasting
- Providing quality financial analysis and insightful commentaries and recommendations to the business
- Preparation of detailed budgets and forecasts
- Ensuring customers have appropriate credit limits and stay within them, taking action to recover overdue debts.
- Weekly billing and KPI reporting, compiling financial data and producing financial graphs.
- Management of a finance apprentice
Qualifications / Skills & Knowledge:
- AAT Qualified / CIMA part qualified
- Several years of experience in a finance role
- Attention to detail; organisational skills; planning skills; research skills; analytical skills; critical thinking skills; problem-solving skills; computer skills; multi-tasking abilities; integrity, honesty.
- Some previous IT experience
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding of high-volume data analysis
- Good knowledge Microsoft Excel
- The ability to explain problems and solutions clearly to non-technical users
- The ability to prioritise, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- A patient and methodical approach
- The ability to work alone or as part of a team
- An awareness of health and safety
- Willing to travel to both depots (Lancashire / Yorkshire)
- Full UK driving licence.
How you can apply…
To express your interest in this role and to apply please send your CV and covering letter to:
Further information about Craggs Fuel Cards can be found at: